I just started my new women's bible study this past Wednesday. I was so impressed on what God had for me that very first day! So, some how I know my husband will say that I knew this but not that I can remember. I learned that James was Jesus half brother. Meaning son of Mary and Joseph. Now, I did know that one of the disciples was His brother but had never studied much on it. Well, it was a great experience. I love to be taught by God. I'm so thankful for women like Beth Moore who give their lives to ministry. One day that will be me :)
That night she talked about how James was an unbeliever. Really, I thought. How if your brother was Jesus?? As I keep reading and doing homework, it makes more sense now. It wasn't because of Jesus it was the issues that James had. Well think about it, how many times we think we know someone really good that we become jealous of their accomplishments. Who out there has not battle with this? I know I have and God please forgive me. So at one point Jesus being surrounded by the disciples and a crowd ignored His family (Mark 3:31-35). I only imagine how James felt or thought. This probably made him upset and hardened his heart. Enough to make him an unbeliever. I think about this on my own life. People that knew me for who I was, would have a hard time believing God would change me. How can He possibly do anything for me? I had my great share of trouble and trouble making in the past.
Maybe my family would have a hard time coming to Jesus or maybe not. You see there's nothing that James could have done or not done to earn God's grace. The love that Jesus had for him was so great that it surpassed all of James issues. The bible stated that when Jesus resurrected he came to see only those that needed Him. One of those was James. How beautiful that James realized that he needed Jesus after all. Like the word says "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is a gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advanced for us to do." Ephesians 2:8-10
James realized he needed Him, believed and followed. Guess what?? It was not too late & How awesome is HE! Jesus did not come to shrink the family but to make it grow! I praise God for my natural family and all my spiritual family :)

No comments:
Post a Comment