Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First day of 8th & 7th Grade

Wow is all I can say when I see my big boys! On Monday we attended our parent meeting at Lifeway. It was then that what the Principal Mr. Taylor said  hit me! "Wow Jorge you grew a foot over the summer." God it seems like only yesterday my boys were so tiny! Every year that anguish comes upon my heart.  Fearing that my children are safe while they are away & praying they stay on God's path. I think that every parent should feel the burden to pray for their child. The word of God kept coming back to me this morning as they were getting ready… for this child I prayed! It was a huge blessing for me to see my husband lead a prayer for us this morning. They are teens and I do remember going through those years that seemed eternal.  I couldn’t wait until I was an AdultJ Sadly now I wish I was a kid again.  We can’t never cease to pray for them because we all need it!

Thinking about what God put in my heart this past Saturday. As I went for a walk/run, I found that as I kept going things seemed harder & I really just wanted to stop & go back home. I was reminded how this is a good reflection of my walk with Christ. At first it seems easy and then as I start getting tired and distracted by the cramps I start feeling I want to stop!  So many times in my life I start off well but then down the road I want to start slowing down.  Well then I kept telling myself, I can do all things with Christ who gives me strength.  That is until I hit a hill and then I start questioning if I can really do it! J Wow, what faith right? Then I start focusing on short distance landmarks to slow down on. That really in the end helped me get farther and quicker then when I started. By the end of the run I was surprised that I finished but really sweaty & maybe stinky. But I finished! Well done my good and faithful servant…

No comments:

Post a Comment