Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall= Busy, Busy, Busy!

I'm so bad about keeping up with this blog. I will try harder, I promise! So the first nine weeks of school are over! Time flies when your having fun :) The kids are busy, hence making me extra busy. Jorge has begun with his teen life. He has started basketball practice and is very excited about it. They have been working mainly on conditioning right now. We received an email that they are going to have to cut some people off the team and will notify us this Thursday if he made it or not. He also has volunteered coaching a soccer team of 1st graders plus wants to join the shooting team! Really, is all that possible??? We will find out.

Needless to say I have not gone to the gym in two weeks :( Oh and it was my hubby's birthday this past Saturday. That was not very fun because it rained all day. I took him shopping for clothes the next day. While all this is going on I have been convicted greatly by God. I'm still taking my James book study and boy it's been hard but really refreshing. The lesson that has really put a oops on my heart is James 1:19-

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger
Wow, Lord I'm so sorry!! but I have sinned in this area so many times. As I was studying this I was going through something right at that moment. You see I was raised in a very tough neighborhood and anger was part of strength needed to survive! This has been something that God has been working in my life ever since I accepted Jesus in my life but for some reason this time around it really made a HUGE impact in my Spiritual life. Is it just me or when God convicts you, something has to happen! You have to make a decision! you can't lie to yourself. It's there in your heart, reminding you constantly not to act that way. I just love it! Praise God for always teaching me and never giving up on me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment