Friday, February 15, 2019

A letter to my son and his girlfriend

My beloved children,

I know that life is hard and many times very lonely. People walk around zombie-like and feel lost without a purpose. I find it painful to see my children struggling. Not because I feel pity but because I truly hurt with you. Every inch about me wants to still figure it out for you. I know that's not going to happen. I know that you are grown people with your own hearts and desires. I know that I can't keep catching you every time I see you about to fall. I've also learned that sometimes you have to fall to feel the pain of reality. That's hard for me. Hard for my momma heart to comprehend. All I can do is pray for you and keep my faith strong that God's hands are bigger than mine. He's got you and will always catch you much better than I ever will. Yesterday was Valentine's Day. The world runs around seeking for love. It's the only day that there's so much focus on it. We should live to love each other every day. But I also know that God uses everything for the good. I struggle with thinking that I raised children that don't love as deeply as I do. I struggle knowing if I did a good job. I tried every day to pour so much of me into you. Only because God was pouring into me. I can not give what I do not have. I have loved unconditionally and prayed that you all would receive it straight from God.





I don't know where God will take your story but I do know that you both need to focus on loving yourself and loving GOD. What you both have is beautiful, the enemy will gladly come and tell you otherwise. Relationships are hard! they are tiresome at times. Very exhausting! Believe me, I know. But I also know that we were created to live in community, to share our life with others. Some people spend their whole lives seeking for a glimpse of what you both have.  You might feel young but you're the real deal. You have grown so much. Don't forget where you started!  See the pictures attached. This was the beginning of your relationship. You were already loving and willing to help one another out.  You were willing to face a challenge and be there for each other. That's what I've seen up until now. The beauty of your faces when you have overcome a challenge is beautiful! The heart of knowing someone has you and won't let go is amazing! That's Godly love. No worldly love will ever come close to that. Stay focused! Fix your eyes on God! Choose love! choose to love each other unconditionally and think about one another. If you do that you will only grow stronger, if you don't you will only let go. I'll be praying for you!  know that God is with you and there are no coincidences in Him. He has known you from before the foundation of the earth! He has loved you and cared for you. He has appointed you for such a time as this! Be blessed and bless someone else today!

Love you with all my heart,
Mom

Three things will last forever - Faith, Hope, and Love- and the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment