Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's Thanksgiving day 2012 :)

As I sit here in Alabama surrounded by the outdoors, the peace and quiet allows me to reflect on the most beautiful things in my life. We decided to come to visit the Mederos Family this Thanksgiving and even though I really wanted to go to California, I allowed God to guide us. Sure, for some it may seem like why Alabama? Well, the only thing I could think about is God's way of saying be still and know that I am God... 
The question in many people's heart today is what am I thankful for? And as the Lord convicts me about this, I can't stop and think that MY heart should always be thankful!!! God has given more than I could ever be Thankful for! From a girl that had nothing & for those that thought I would amount to nothing, wow would they be surprised now! I still remember my 6th grade teacher telling my mom during conference "You will be lucky if she even makes it! She will probably end up selling oranges off the freeway." Boy, was he WRONG!!! God knew the plans He had for me... Plans to prosper me and not to harm me. He gave life and life abundantly! A loving husband- Who has loved me for nearly 16 years! One who has a great calling from God. Gave me my first born- Jorge Luis Lugo. He has such a personality that just draws people towards him. Pablo Antonio Lugo- who is so patient, loving and super wise! all wrapped into a quiet & tiny but mighty body! Brandon Elijah Lugo- Super smart and oh so compassionate- a servant's heart for sure! Valerie Faith Lugo- Her name says it all "Strong Faith" God knew exactly what we needed in our family when he decided to add her along.  I might have been nothing to that teacher in 6th grade but to God I was much more!!!

I am well aware that if it wouldn't have been for those people that God put in our lives, we wouldn't be where we are today. I received an email from Mr. Bowers this past week and a note there really summed up my feelings about thanksgiving. I would like to share that...

  One quick quote from "Cultivating Christian Character by Michael Zigarella..."Gratitude is the characteristic that most distinguishes a high-virtue Christian from average-virtue Christians."  According to Zigarella, gratitude leads to a joyful life in Christ and maximum Christian character.
 

1 comment: